Saturday, May 19, 2012

Things I will miss

As I pack my bag with Ramen, peanut butter, and instant mashed potatoes, I'm appreciating the food I'll probably crave in a week or two:

Gladfelter's chicken ceasar pitas.  Biscuits and Warren Wilson sausage with gravy.  Orzo and feta.     

Bell peppers, cucumbers and green beans. 
Grapefruit, strawberries, and raspberries.

Meals that look like this:



We went to Pisgah Inn yesterday for my sister's birthday and had fantastic food as we looked through huge glass windows at the Blue Ridge.  I ordered the roasted beet salad, which came with apples, strawberries, pecans, goat cheese, fennel, and balsamic dressing.  Love, love, loved it.

I think I'll also miss my routine (before I find a new one), my bed, and my people.  Mostly the people.

On the other hand, I'm looking forward to getting away from cars, cement, Hulu, deadlines, and alarm clocks.  I'm very happy to leave those behind. 

Two days!
     





No comments:

Post a Comment